First, the costumes...what did X & Z dress up as? A chef & a lobster. Zolie has dressed up every year since she was a puppy. She loves to dress up! Last year, Xander was a monkey and Zolie was a banana. I went back & forth on what they were going to be this year. I just knew they HAD to coordinate. I thought about a hamburger & a hot dog, princess & frog, Raggedy Ann & Andy, etc. But, nothing was really clicking. Brandy & I were at Cool Springs, when we walked in Gymboree and I saw the chef costume, ran to Brandy and said this was THE costume!
The costume was way to big for him! I mean super big. I had the hat pinned, the jacket tucked & cuffed, the pants rolled about 8x, but it didn't matter. He was going to be a chef! He's getting a kitchen (shh, don't tell him!) for Christmas and I was going to order him an apron & chef's hat. So, I thought the chef costume would work perfectly. Plus, he can wear it a long time. I ordered Zolie's costume on Amazon and we were all set!
Xander went trick-or-treating at school and had a great time. Al said he didn't understand why he was going in & out of classrooms and why people were giving him candy. He normally gets no candy (except for lollipops when he gets his hair cut).
On Saturday night, we went trunk-or-treating with Mom, Johnny, Brandy, Benji, Tyler & Emma. Xander had a ball! He loved the games. He did pretty good at them too!
On Sunday, we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. We only went to a few houses. X & Z did great! At every house, we'd get X out of the wagon & put Z in her pot. It was so fun!
Candy bags for Xander's classmates & teachers.
I'm not sure what Zolie saw, but it must have looked good!
Al got home from football on Saturday in time to go with us! Yippee!
Tyler & Emma looking super cute! Go Vols!
Xander kept aiming for the top!
He didn't want to give up his little duck!
He loved bowling!
Tyler getting his groove on!
Umm, Mom, I can't see.
Welcome to Xander's Kitchen!
Heading out for a little trick-or-treating!

No comments:
Post a Comment