Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bad Attitude

Yep, I admit it. I had a really bad attitude Sunday morning. Why? Nothing was going my way. I'd had just about all I could take. Did I need to go to time-out, the reflection chair, the corner? Nope, I decided Xander & I needed to go to the park. I thought this would give me a chance to break out of my bad mood. Let me tell you, I left the park with a new, improved attitude.

Xander played. And, I played too. We played in the sand, on the swings, slides, etc. You name it, we did it. Xander played so hard he fell asleep before we made it back to the car.

Al tells me all the time I don't take time to smell the roses. He's so right. I'm so worried about everything being just so, or just right, that I don't step back and truly enjoy the moment. I shed a few tears as I left the park. I may not have "smelled the roses" but I tasted the sand. And it was the best tasting, grittiest sand.

Just a swingin'!

First, he had to talk to the Baa Baa.

Then, it was over to visit the horse.

Another Baa Baa...he loved talking to the different animals.

Mom, do I have to go down the slide?
I think I can, I think I can...I didn't let him climb too high. I knew I'd have to climb up after him!

Mom, I'm tired. Take me home!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, how sweet! There's nothing like watching your kids have a good time to lift your spirits!