Sunday, August 8, 2010

You'd Think It's A Holiday

At our house, this time of year, it is like a holiday! I can't remember when I started the back-to-school basket, but I know it's been since very early in our marriage. I love giving gifts. It doesn't matter the occasion, I just love coming up with gift ideas, preparing gifts, etc.

The basket started when it was time for Al to get ready for the new school year to start. He'd mention stuff that he needed; new shoes, pants, ties, school supplies, just whatever. It's kind of like a student starting the new school year, I figured teacher's should get new stuff too! What started out as something small has turned in to a tradition at the Bohannon house!

At first, I didn't really think Al cared about the back-to-school basket. Then, one year, I didn't do a basket. I just bought him stuff here & there and gave it to him as I got it. I overhead him telling Zolie he didn't get a basket! What? He still got all of the stuff, just not in a basket and not all at once! Now, Al starts dropping hints, "So, when am I going to get my basket?" 

Last year, when Xander came along, guess what? He got a basket too! This year, Al was a little concerned the X-Man was going to get more than him! Ha!

This year I'm running behind on their baskets! I wanted to give them their baskets last weekend but I didn't have everything I needed. Then, yesterday, when I was ready my camera died! I couldn't believe it! So, I gave them their baskets today and used my video camera to take pics (the quality of these pics is not good...I hope I can figure out what's wrong with my camera SOON!). I think they were pretty happy with their baskets!


I'm so excited about my back-to-school basket!

Here they are! The 2010 back-to-school baskets!

Daddy, what's in your basket?

Hey Xander, I bet you didn't get any candy in your basket!
                  
Hmm, let me see what I can get...

Wow, this is great!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ton, that's too sweet! You are so thoughtful, always have been.